Chef mariajane's Note:
Most people know they should be eating more whole grains. Most people don't have the time to. Whole grains may taste better and be healthier for you than refined grains, but they also generally take much longer to cook. This easy, flavorful soup uses quinoa (prounced KEEN - wah), which is available alongside rice at most grocers and natural foods stores. Canned black beans or chopped cooked chicken are excellent additions to this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil.
- 2Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium-high and continue boiling, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in corn and salsa, then return to a simmer.
- 4Remove pan from heat and stir in avocado.
- 5Season with salt and stir in cilantro.
- 6Ladle into large bowls, accompanied with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Soup With Avocado and Corn
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 884.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 14.5 g