Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quinoa is a grain that is great for you. You can find it in any health food store and in some local grocery stores in the health food section.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, cut into small dice
- 1 red pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries
- Bring water to a boil and add Quinoa. Cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes until Quinoa has absorbed all the liquid. Bring off flame and put in seperate bowl to cool.
- In a pan, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat over medium flame. Add Celery and Red pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add Cumin and Coriander and stir. Add a pinch or more as desired of salt and pepper. Take off stove and add to Quinoa. Add walnuts and cranberries and mix well.
- Serve Immediately and Enjoy!
this is a really good recipe, my family hates bell peppers so i put in a zucchini instead, it tasted great. then i added for those ppl who love tropical dish's this is great, i added not a full can of mixed fruit but a little bit and added cinnamon to it and it tasted great.... it made i sweeter and more flavor...
Loved this, Tracy. Wouldn't change a thing. If you haven't tried quinoa, this is a great introduction.