Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup shelled chopped pistachios (about 1 ounce)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Boil water in a small saucepan. Add quinoa. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped pistachios, and cook 2 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
- Transfer pistachios to a large bowl; add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients to bowl. Toss gently to coat.