1/1 Photo of Quinoa Salad With Tahini Dressing
Adapted from the article Everyday Gluten-Free in the May 2011 issue of Canadian Living. The fresh mint brings this salad to life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved (can sub cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- 2/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Cook quinoa according to package directions, using 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let cool.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, tahini, warm water, garlic, cumin, peppers and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3Stir in cooled quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint and green onions, stirring to coat quinoa and vegetables with dressing.
- 4This recipe can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
- 5The original recipe called for 1 cup of canned lentils to be added with vegetables and quinoa and doubled the amounts of lemon juice, olive oil and water for the dressing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Salad With Tahini Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: