1/1 Photo of Quinoa Salad With Mangoes and Curry Dressing
This recipe comes from Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large mangoes
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and diced
- 3 scallions, including an inch of the greens, thinly sliced (chives also work well)
- 1/3 cup almonds, roasted
- 1Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a saucepan, then add the quinoa and salt. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender (about 12-15 minutes). Drain.
- 2Peel and dice the mangoes into 1/2" squares.
- 3Toss the completely cooled quinoa with the mangoes, chile, scallions, and curry vinaigrette (directions follow).
- 4Chop the almonds and add them last so they stay crisp.
- 5For the Curry Vinaigrette: Pound or mince the garlic and salt in a mortar until smooth, or put the garlic through a press. Place these into a small bowl and add the yogurt and curry. Stir in the lemon juice, and then whisk in the oil until the texture is thick and creamy. Let stand 15 minutes, then stir in the cilantro. Taste for tartness and salt and adjust if needed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Salad With Mangoes and Curry Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.7
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 486.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g