Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really great and really easy salad from Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.
- 1 1⁄3 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 large mangoes, cubed
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup curry vinaigrette
- 1⁄3 cup roasted almonds
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil and add 1/2 tsp of salt and the quinoa, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender (12-15 minutes). Drain.
- Toss all of the ingredients together with the drained quinoa except for the almonds, add those just before serving.
I liked this well enough. I think the almonds got sort of lost.