Recipe by gailanng
My new-found food obsession. A wonderful quinoa salad from ohladycakes.com. Note: Rinse the quinoa well by placing it in a sieve and swishing around with your fingers under running water.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water (lightly salted)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, can use additional lime juice if desired
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 15 grape tomatoes or 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro stem, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dry saucepan over medium heat, cook quinoa for about 5-10 minutes until it smells toasty, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add the water to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once it boils, cover and bring heat down to low and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the water has been absorbed. Watch closely towards the end to avoid burning. Set aside to cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey, Jalapeño, cumin, paprika, and salt in a small bowl.
- When the quinoa is cooled to your desired temperature, mix it together with cherry tomatoes, onion, corn, cilantro and avocado. Drizzle dressing to serve.