Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quinoa is native to South America; in this recipe it is paired with other native produce - corn and black beans. Recipe is from Canadian Living.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 236.59 ml quinoa
- 473.18 ml water
- 375 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 473.18 ml canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml corn kernel
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- In saucepan, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook garlic and paprika, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in quinoa and add water; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until no liquid remains and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken, cumin, ground coriander, salt, pepper and cayenne until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add green onions, tomatoes, red pepper, black beans and corn; cook over medium heat, stirring, until red pepper is tender-crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl. Add quinoa, cilantro and lime juice; toss to combine.
Fabulous! This made a fantastic lunch and I froze the rest in portions to take to work. I wasn't sure if the amount of spices would be too much, but it was spot on. Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Deantini! :)
Wasn't sure about this but I'm so happy I made it!!! The whole family loved it!
This was a very unique salad for us. I had never had Quinoa before but I think I like it. Loved the combination of spices although I cut back on the Cilantro, personal preference. Thanks for sharing.