My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh orange section (about 1 large orange)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 5 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 lb asparagus, 2 inch pieces, steamed and chilled
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1To prepare salad, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add white onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
- 2Add quinoa to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to pan; bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 4Transfer quinoa mixture to a large bowl. Add orange and next 5 ingredients (through jalapeño); toss gently to combine.
- 5To prepare dressing, combine juice and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
- 6Sprinkle with chopped mint. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Salad With Asparagus, Dates, and Orange
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g