Vegan recipe good for those with heart or blood health issues.
Make and share this Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (1 cup dry)
- 1⁄4 cup currants (or dried cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (or less depending on preference)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and toss together with quinoa, adjust seasoning to taste.
- To make a meal out of it, place next to a bed a greens with sliced grilled chicken.