Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad was so good - and low in calories too! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 2008)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, plus
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped
- red leaf lettuce, torn
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add quinoa; cover, reduce heat to low and until for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat; transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a jar or bowl whisk together dressing ingredients (olive oil - garlic, using the 2 tablespoons parsley), season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Add cumcumber, tomato, mint and the remaining 1/2 cup parsley. Toss.
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl, add salad ingredients and dressing and toss.
Yum! This was just like a quinoa tabouleh. We added some salt and pepper and cooked the quinoa with chicken stock. Thanks for posting!
We just made this, I think it may need to sit for a bit. It's good b/c it is clean, basically a tabouleh. But it seemed a bit leafy, as in alot of parsley. Anyhoo, I think tomorrow it'll be great. We are pairing it to a kielbasa potato dish, so this salad's lightness will help digest the other dish's heaviness. Thanks for your post!
This is simple and really delicious. I'd love to try it with the mint. Not having that, I added a bit of cilantro and fresh basil. I love the strong lemony-ness. Thanks ellie!