Recipe by oc
The secret is to use fresh herbs, and cook the quinoa just right. Great for picnics, or served as a side dish. Keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days (maybe longer - but it never lasts more than that in our house :-)
Top Review by chiroellie
Love this recipe!! This is the only recipe I use to make quinoa. I omit the onions, because my husband is allergic. So I usually add onion powder to make up for the flavor. I always add more cranberries than the recipe says - just because I think they are delicious.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the quinoa in a pot with the water. Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat to low, and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove cooked quinoa immediately from pot into a large bowl, and air it with a wooden spoon to stop the cooking process. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the onion, herbs, dried cranberries and walnuts. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste and add more lemon juice if needed.