I got this recipe from my dear friend Jackie, and have been absolutely hooked on it since!
Make and share this Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced small
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2⁄3 cup almonds or 2⁄3 cup hazelnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Rinse quinoa in cold water; drain well.
- Combine quinoa with water in a medium-sized saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. (Or, you may cook in rice cooker. Use same proportions as above.).
- Remove quinoa from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove lid, fluff with fork, and cool quinoa to room temperature.
- Combine cooked quinoa with the rest of ingredients, toss well, and enjoy!