1/1 Photo of Quinoa Salad
Battle in Seattle's Note:
I got this recipe from my dear friend Jackie, and have been absolutely hooked on it since!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced small
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2/3 cup almonds or 2/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Rinse quinoa in cold water; drain well.
- 2Combine quinoa with water in a medium-sized saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- 3Cook for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. (Or, you may cook in rice cooker. Use same proportions as above.).
- 4Remove quinoa from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove lid, fluff with fork, and cool quinoa to room temperature.
- 5Combine cooked quinoa with the rest of ingredients, toss well, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 995.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 15.8 g