Recipe by Budgiegirl
I never tried Quinoa until I became a Weight Watcher. I love the stuff. This is a light salad for those days your hungry but don't want to eat heavy. 3 points per serving. Sorry, This recipe isn't core.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup mandarin orange
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vinaigrette dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse quinoa in cold water several times; drain.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered until the grains are tender and water is absorbed; about 12 minutes. remove the pan from the heat.
- Let the quinoa stand, covered, 5 minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add fennel, oranges, scallions, and pepper.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine.