THis recipe was published in a local free magazine and was credited to Lizzie Kocon who is a local chef in Newcastle. Lots of ingredients, but posted as a main meal. Be sure if you are gluten-free that your roast chicken is suitable (Woolworths have started making their deli roast chickens gluten-free). You can vary the ingredients to suit what you have on hand - like swapping kumera for the pumpkin etc
My Private Note
main me ...
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 236.59 ml quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 1 whole bbq chicken
- 200 g mixed lettuce leaves
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 150 g baby rocket (arugula)
- 1 medium lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinkly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced (sweet bell pepper)
- 250 g grape tomatoes, halved (can use cherry tomatoes)
- 1 pear, cut into thin wedges (Packham pear suggested)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 59.14 ml cashews (use roasted and salted cashews)
- 200 g feta cheese
- honey mustard dressing or balsamic dressing or caramelised balsamic dressing, to serve
- 1Prehest oven to 180°C (160°C if using fan-forced).
- 2Place pumpkin on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and honey and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Bake pumpkin 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden and tender. Set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, place quinoa in a saucepan. Cover with two cups of cold water. BRing to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- 5Remove flesh from chicken, SHred flesh and cover to keep warm.
- 6Toss lettuce, spinach, rocket, cucmber, carrot, capsicum, tomatoes, pear and avocado together in a large bowl.
- 7TOp the salad with the pumpkin, chicken, quinoa, cashews and add crumbled feta cheese.
- 8Drizzle the salad with oil, honey-mustard dressing or balsamic vinegar. Serve.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Roast Chicken and Cashew Salad (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.6
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 804.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: