Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A vegetarian take on risotto with lots of protein
Make and share this Quinoa Risotto With Mushrooms and Summer Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and cook until done.
- Add squash/zucchini and cook until translucent.
- Add quinoa and stir quickly, absorbing all the oil and making sure all the quinoa is coated.
- Add 1 cup of broth and cook until it is all absorbed. Keep an eye on it and stir often.
- Add another cup of broth and cook until absorbed.
- Add the last cup of broth and do the same.
- Add the cup of milk and let cook until cooked down and creamy.
- Add the cheese and stir constantly until melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.