Recipe by Asd;MRS-NYC
This is my own recipe. I like it, as it's a fast way to eat well and feel great... Quinoa, poblano peppers and parmesan ! Don't use kraft powder. Buy some real parmesan or, even better, Belgioioso 'American Grana' if you're in the USA -- by far one of the best "parmesan" style cheeses you can find in the states. The fact that they admit it's American, gets you over a psychological barrier, and it's just a great product. You'll become addicted...eat it with fruit : figs, mango, guava...
Top Review by bo 1
i truely enjoy this,i used one jalapano chile instead of the pablano because that what i had. also add parmesan reggiano and add sofrito at the end. It was so delicious and i had leftover for lunch. thx for a new recipe. sorry i forgot i added mushrooms too.
- 1 good branch celery
- 1 medium sized carrot
- half of an onion
- 1 medium yukon gold potato, per person and
- 1 -2 poblano chile
- then of course, the quinoa and the American Grana cheese or real parmesan cheese
- bell pepper
- sazon goya with coriander and annatto (use sparingly)
- parsley, could be (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a rù : dice the carrot, celery stalk and half-onion and, in a medium sauce pan, sweat them in a slightly generous amount of quality butter (unsalted). After about 5 minutes, add the poblano, which you have already seeded and rinsed and coursely chopped. Next, add as much quinoa as you think two people are going to eat -- Stir fry the mixture for at least five minutes over low heat, add salt and pepper and chopped up potatoes. Easy on the salt, though.
- add nearly two times as much water as quinoa and bring up the heat, when everything starts to boil, add the goya sazon, cover with a lid or plate and put the fire on low. Let the mix cook, uncovering and stirring every 5 or 6 mintues or so. Add more water, if you need -- then, when all the water has absorbed and the potatoes and quinoa are cooked, grate a generous amount of the grana into the quinoa and sitr so as not to let the cheese clump or string -- it should integrate into the dish. Adjust seasoning and heat hot.