Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Recipe by Nisrine Merzouki, posting for ZWT6 (NA*ME/Morocco)
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
I didn't mind this, but it just didn't wow me. I found the orange blossom water to be a little overpowering, so I added a little almond extract and that helped a bit. It also seemed runnier than I prefer - next time, I would reduce the liquid by a cup. The only change I made is I used 1 tsp of cinnamon as I was out of cinnamon sticks. Made for ZWT #6!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the quinoa and cinnamon stick with the water and almond milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the honey and orange blossom water.
- Serve topped with the apricots and pistachios.