Chef Tweaker's Note:
From "Eight Weeks to Optimal Health". I haven't tried it yet but want to post it for safekeeping. Dr Weil says: Here is an unusual, healthy dessert made from the staple grain-like seed of the high Andes, now available in specialty food shops and health-food stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the quinoa in a sieve and wash it well under cold running water. Drain and place in a pot with 2 cups cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat, and boil gently until all the water is absorbed, and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Measure 2 cups cooked quinoa and to it add the apple juice, raisins, nuts, lemon juice, and pinches of cinnamon and salt to taste.
- 3Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- 5Chill. Serve plain, or with berries or sliced banana or a little maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Pudding by Dr. Andrew Weil
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.0
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 246.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 12.7 g