Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from "sweet life" - http://sweetlifebake.com/?p=734
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- In a large saucepan, bring quinoa and 3 cups milk to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, honey, eggs, cardamom, and remaining cup of milk. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stirring constantly, slowly pour egg mixture into quinoa; add raisins and apricots.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour pudding into a 2-quart dish and let cool slightly. Cover surface directly with plastic and refrigerate until cook, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.