Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Whole Foods Recipe"Roasted or rotisserie chicken works perfectly in this recipe. Any leftover quinoa primavera can be chilled and tossed with vinaigrette to make a lively salad."
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 lb about 1/2 bunch asparagus, woody ends snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced baby spinach leaves
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain. Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until quinoa is tender and all the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and asparagus. Cook, stirring often, until asparagus is tender and bright green, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and peas and continue cooking for another minute. Stir in chicken and cooked quinoa. Add the spinach and stir until it wilts, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this dish. I used vegetable broth instead of water to make the quinoa. I also added sundried tomatoes. Omitted the chicken for a vegan diet. Will defintely make again.