Recipe by Debi
Tasty & Healthy option for breakfast - can use soy milk or almond milk. Our preference is almond milk
Top Review by duonyte
I liked this quite well. The looser consistency was nice. I think I would add a pinch of salt next time, as it was just a little flat, although we did enjoy it. I used vanilla almond milk instead of the soy, and added about 1/2 cup of dried mixed berries. I make this in the rice cooker, which worked perfectly - and no worries about the pan scorching, something I am, alas, prone to.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add quinoa & water to a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add vanilla almond milk & dried cranberries and simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes .
- Let sit, covered for 10 minutes before serving. The porridge will thicken during this time.
- If you like, drizzle with maple syrup before serving.