Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
After searching for yummy quinoa cookie recipes (and not having much luck, sad to say..) I decided to create my own. So here they are, really yummy, soft in the middle with a slight crunch on the outside. It may seem like a long list of ingredients, but they are worth it. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 ounces whole meal flour
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa (granules)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup linseeds (flax seed)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 8 pieces chocolate, chopped into rough chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pomegranate juice
- milk (whatever type of milk you prefer, rice milk is good)
- Melt butter, golden syrup and honey together.
- Add the eggs, beaten first. Mix all together.
- Sift together the flour(s), baking powder and soda. Add to the egg mixture.
- Add all the rest of the dry ingredients, adding the pomegranate juice and milk, and mix together until you get a thick "cookie droppable" consistency (I added about 1/4 cup each of the juice and milk).
- Drop heaped tablespoons of the dough mixture onto a cookie sheet, pressing down slightly to make rough cookie "rounds" and bake in the centre of the oven, 180 c, for about 12 minutes or so.