Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pretty good & EASY pizza crust for those of us trying to eat gluten free. Recipe was found at TastyEatsAtHome.com adapted from "For Life Personal Chef". (Prep time includes 8 hours soaking time for the quinoa).
- 1 cup quinoa
- grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Brush 12" cast iron skillet liberally with grapeseed oil & put in oven to heat.
- Soak quinoa in water for 8 hours.
- Drain & rinse thoroughly.
- Add quinoa, water & seasonings in a blender.
- Blend until it resembles a thick pancake batter.
- Once the oven is heated to temperature, pour the batter into the skillet and quickly spread it out evenly across the bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the underside is well-browned and starting to crisp.
- Use a large spatula and carefully flip the crust.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add your toppings & cook for 5-7 minutes longer.
This was good, but it was very difficult to deal with, took a lot of time to make, and really didn't turn out to be a pizza crust; it was more of a casserole once the pizza toppings were on it.