From Vegetarian Times
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil; stir in the quinoa.
- 2Decrease heat to low and cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Remove from heat and drain well.
- 4Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir/saute onion until golden.
- 5Add in the stock, raisins, apricots, cranberries, salt, coriander, pepper, and lemon zest; bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- 6Add in the quinoa; stir to combine.
- 7Cover and decrease heat to very low; cook 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in the pecans; fluff and serve.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Pilaf With Dried Fruit and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 409.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: