1/1 Photo of Quinoa Pilaf With Cranberries
Kozmic Blues's Note:
I got the idea for this from the Whole Foods recipe website, and, of course, added some extra spices to make it a bit more interesting. This was a great recipe to clean out the leftover quinoa, dried cranberries and almonds I had in my cubard! Quinoa is naturally wheat and gluten free and is a good source of complete protein for vegans and vegetarians. Be sure to rinse your quinoa really well under cold running water to remove any of the bitter coating from the outside! If you do not have garam masala, your favorite curry poweder will work too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a medium pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add onions and cook, stirring often, until just softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add quinoa, corriander and garam masala and toast, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in broth and salt and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in cranberries, cover again and continue to cook until liquid is completely absorbed and quinoa is tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- 6Toss with almonds and serve.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Pilaf With Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 200.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: