Quinoa, the principal grain of the Incas, is high in protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. Rinsing the quinoa very well before cooking effectively eliminates its slightly bitter "green" taste. I found this recipe at WholehealthMd.com This would be great stuffed into pork chops.
- Place quinoa in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- Drain well.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until scallions are tender.
- Stir in quinoa and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Add boiling water, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.