1/1 Photo of Quinoa Pilaf
Considered the Mother Grain by the Ancient Incas, Quinoa is high in protein(16%) and is gluten free. This recipe was originaly from Sunset.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 12 inch fry pan over medium highheat cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp around edges, around 8 minutes.
- 2With a slotted spoon lift bacon pieces from pan and set aside.
- 3Spoon off and discard all but 3 T.
- 4of the fat-or drain it all and use vegetable oil.
- 5Add mushrooms and onion to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid cooks away and mushrooms are golden.
- 6Add broth, quinoa, carrots, and green pepper; Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 7Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 8Take off heat, remove lid and let stand 2 minutes.
- 9Stir with a fork to separate grains.
- 10Spoon onto serving dish and sprinkle with cooked bacon.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 444.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.9 g