Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sautéed Chicken served over a bed of quinoa, pesto and peppers, topped with feta cheese.
Make and share this Quinoa, Pesto, Feta and Chicken Stack recipe from Food.com.
- Sauté chicken breasts using the butter. Slice into fajita size strips or dice.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Bring water to boil, add quinoa, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 12 min or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Dice veggies and garlic.
- In a pan bring olive oil up to temperature using high heat. Add onions stir quickly to coat with oil. Don't let them brown.
- Add garlic and stir again.
- Add diced peppers and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and sweat them for about 15 minutes.
- When the veggies are finished, drain if necessary, and mix with the pesto sauce.
- Serve by putting a serving of quinoa on a plate, top with veggie and pesto mix, then put chicken on and top with feta.
- If you prefer you can do this without the chicken and my family finds it delicious.
Absolutely loved this dish. I'm always looking for quick, tasty & healthy recipes & this one is great. It doesn't look exciting on paper but when it's all put together the flavours are wonderful. I used homemade pesto (made with hemp seeds) & added a sprinkle of salt-free essence on the chicken strips. I cut the quinoa in 1/2 & used 1 3/4 lb chicken & found it perfect for 6 servings. Thanks for sharing.
Had lots of fun with this dish. We stacked it up and took it to work. Was a hit, not just with us, but with everyone else who keep taking little samples. We did use a regualr onion, being out of green and next time i think i may change up the veg. thanks for sharing.
We really enjoyed this. The meal came together really nicely and the flavor with a little salt and pepper was great. Thanks for posting.