Recipe by junk
Sautéed Chicken served over a bed of quinoa, pesto and peppers, topped with feta cheese.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Absolutely loved this dish. I'm always looking for quick, tasty & healthy recipes & this one is great. It doesn't look exciting on paper but when it's all put together the flavours are wonderful. I used homemade pesto (made with hemp seeds) & added a sprinkle of salt-free essence on the chicken strips. I cut the quinoa in 1/2 & used 1 3/4 lb chicken & found it perfect for 6 servings. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces pesto sauce
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 6 green onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 bell peppers (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté chicken breasts using the butter. Slice into fajita size strips or dice.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Bring water to boil, add quinoa, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 12 min or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Dice veggies and garlic.
- In a pan bring olive oil up to temperature using high heat. Add onions stir quickly to coat with oil. Don't let them brown.
- Add garlic and stir again.
- Add diced peppers and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and sweat them for about 15 minutes.
- When the veggies are finished, drain if necessary, and mix with the pesto sauce.
- Serve by putting a serving of quinoa on a plate, top with veggie and pesto mix, then put chicken on and top with feta.
- If you prefer you can do this without the chicken and my family finds it delicious.