Recipe by Connie Lea
Just discovered the benefits of quinoa and found this recipe in The Quinoa Cookbook by John Chatham. I really liked it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, add the salt, then fold in the quinoa until each grain is coated. Stir in the onion, garlic, parsley and grated Parmesan. Set aside for five minutes.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Using your hands, form the quinoa batter into balls and carefully slip as many of them into the pan as you can without crowding. Using a spatula, press down on each ball to form a patty. Panfry the patties for ten minutes, then flip to brown the other side, about another ten minutes.