Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yes you can make pasta - grain free! It's easy. Plus using quinoa means this pasta is a complete protein! Cool, huh?
- Stir quinoa flour, arrow root, and salt. (Note: you can make your own quinoa flour. Just grind quinoa in a clean coffee grinder or a blender.).
- Add the egg and oil.
- Knead until the dough no longer falls apart. This will take at least 7 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half.
- Roll out one half until desired thickness is achieved. I aim for the thickness of a piece of cardboard. Then just take a long sharp chef's knife and cut into long strips whatever width you like - I choose to make mine about a quarter of an inch thick. You can roll or cut this pasta into any shape you want - such as lasagna noodles - it's up to you!
- Let the cut pasta air dry for 10 minutes.
- Then boil (or save in the fridge for up to a couple days).
- Note: Fresh pasta takes less time to cook than dry store bought pasta.