Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Recipes for Food Allergies by Marilyn Gioannini. Amaranth flour can be substituted for the quinoa flour.
- Stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Put juice, oil and honey into 2-cup non-metal measuring cup or small bowl; heat briefly in the microwave (about 30 seconds) to soften the honey. This step is not necessary if honey is omitted.
- Add grated apple and egg to liquid mixture.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture ande mix well, using a whisk.
- If the batter is too stiff, add a little more liquid (if egg is omitted, about 2 tablespoons more liquid will be needed).
- Pour by spoonfuls onto medium hot griddle, making small 4-inch pancakes. Serve with maple syrup or applesauce.
- WAFFLES: Increase oil to 2 tablespoons. Waffles work well, even if honey and egg are omitted.
Nice recipe. I recommend leaving out the honey or warming it in a hot water bath. Never heat honey in the microwave. It changes the digestability and pH.
My children really enjoyed this healthy, gluten-free waffle recipe.