Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy snack to enjoy.
Make and share this Quinoa Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup quinoa
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 apples, cored and pureed (skin on) or 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Rinse the quinoa and add to the water, cover the pan, reduce heat to medium low and cook at a simmer until the water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease 3 baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine everything except for the chocolate chips, and mix until well blended. Fold the chocolate chips into the quinoa mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until browned around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow cookies to set up a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.