1/2 Photos of Quinoa Muffins
1 hr 3 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Everyday Food, January/February 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil.
- 3Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, 11 to 13 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, brush a standard 12-cup muffin pan with oil; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, raisins, and 2 cups cooked quinoa; reserve any leftover quinoa for another use.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together oil, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- 7Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until combined; divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- 8Bake until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Cool muffins in pan, 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g