From Everyday Food, January/February 2008.
Make and share this Quinoa Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, 11 to 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush a standard 12-cup muffin pan with oil; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, raisins, and 2 cups cooked quinoa; reserve any leftover quinoa for another use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until combined; divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan, 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.