Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
modified from a post by b-man to recipesecrets.com
Make and share this Quinoa Matsutake Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups mushroom stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 cup finely sliced matsutake mushroom
- sea salt or Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, see note
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat then add the onion. Saute it until soft then stir in garlic and cook. Do NOT allow them to brown.
- Pour in stock then add the next three ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the quinoa.
- Stirring simmer for 15 minutes then add the rest of the ingredients. Cover. Simmer 20 minutes. If needed add more stock or water a tbsp or two at a time before the 20 minutes are up. If it is moist at the end of 20 minutes cook 5 more minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Note the Mrs. Dash I used was the tomato and garlic mix. Tabletop, original, garlic and herb as well as onions and herb should also work. They pick up the flavors that are in the mix already.