Recipe by likethebird
Stolen from http://aroundthetableri.blogspot.com/2012/02/cheesy-quinoa-mac-cheese.html ... Put here for nutrition facts and safe keeping!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- vegetables, of your choice (optional, broccoli,is a good choice)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes seasoning salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly saute any veggies you would like in this dish. .
- Cook quinoa to packaged instructions until fully cooked. (About 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 13x9 inch dish( or 8 individual ramekins) with cooking spray.Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl. Fold in quinoa mixture and cheese. Stir very well and let some of the cheese melt. Transfer to prepared baking dish and if using Panko Crumbs or Bread crumbs add now and bake 30-35 mins, until bread crumbs are browned. .