Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Recipe sourced on internet from Mindfood. October 2012. Google how to blanch kale if you're unsure. Basically boil leaves in large pot of water for 3 minutes. Remove with tongs and put immediately into ice cold water to stop the cooking. When cold, remove and pat dry.
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 0.25 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml yoghurt
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml quinoa, cooked (approximately 1 small cup of uncooked quinoa)
- 118.29 ml walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 236.59 ml kale, shredded and blanched
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley leaves
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml pomegranate seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- To make salad dressing, place lemon juice, sugar, mustard, and yoghurt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add ¼ cup olive oil and whisk until smooth.
- Place quinoa, walnuts, kale, parsley, onions, and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl; pour dressing over salad; and toss well to combine.