Recipe by Anastasia G.
So, I got home from the gym one day and thought, I want to eat something healthy. Red quinoa ? Check. Then I thought, I want it to taste really good. Avocado, red onion, cherry tomato, olive oil? Check. I added a little bit of balsamic vinegar to the quinoa and then mixed it in with the guacamole, and the combination turned into this texture-rich, super flavorful, smooth paste that was so delicious I didn't want it to end. I thought, man, this would be great in a wrap! So I added in some lean white chicken breast and low carbohydrate wraps, and was hooked.
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- After slicing the chicken breasts into thin cutlets, cook over medium heat until golden brown and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa at the same time by boiling water and simmering, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Prep the veggies by quartering the cherry tomatoes, chopping the onions, cleaning out the avocado.
- Make the guacamole by mixing the salt, avocado, onions, and cherry tomatoes.
- When the quinoa is done, add it into the guacamole and add in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to taste.
- Spread the quinoa guacamole mixture onto your wraps, add in the chicken and some arugula and enjoy!