I got this recipe from a co worker after having it at a potluck.
Make and share this Quinoa Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- In a saucepan, bring stock to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Reduce heat to med low and cover.
- Cook 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Stir veggies and cheese into cooled quinoa.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over quinoa mixture and toss.
Great recipe!! Yes, I made changes to suit our tastes, but it still turned out fantastic, which means it's a strong foundation recipe and very difficult to mess up! :-) My changes are as follows: double prepared quinoa (cooked in chicken broth), 1 cucumber seeded, 6 oz reduced fat feta, 1 tomato seeded, 1 onion. (No olives or peppers or fresh herbs.) Dressing: 3/4 c. lemon juice, 1/4 cup canola oil, 1 - 2 T of balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt, 1 t. dried basil, 1 t. dried oregano, 1 t. minced garlic (2 fat cloves). Fantastic! Thank you for your recipe and giving me the opportunity to tinker with it for my family.
I made this for a BBQ and everyone loved it. I made the salad and the dressing the night before, kept them separate overnight and mixed them together in the morning but I didn't need to - it was great the following day too!
One of my favorites. Better the second day once the dressing has had a chance to flavor the salad.