1/1 Photo of Quinoa Granola Bars
5 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
The preparation time is long, but you can prepare the recipe in steps and can leave things unattended. There isn't much actual work involved. *recipe adapted from quinoa.com*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soaked quinoa (1/4 cup dry)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1Soak dry quinoa in 1/2 cup of water for two hours.
- 2To make the granola, mix all dry granola ingredients, including the soaked quinoa, in a bowl.
- 3Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 4Heat oil and honey in a small saucepan until thin; stir into dry ingredients until mixed.
- 5Pour the granola mixture into a jelly roll pan and toast for 1 hour at 250 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- 6Store in a plastic bag until ready to use.
- 7Cook mixed dried fruit with 2 cups water at a simmer half the water has evaporated (about 45 minutes).
- 8Add 3/4 cup dry quinoa and enough water to cover plus a quarter inche and cook over medium heat 20 minutes, adding more water as needed.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 10Set aside 1 cup cooked quinoa; pour the rest of the quinoa with cooking liquid and fruit pieces into a blender.
- 11Blend until large fruit pieces are chopped up.
- 12Add 1/2 cup raisins, the salt, lemon juice, vanilla, and banana.
- 14(Mixture will be thick; stop the blender and push with spoon if you have to, adding water if needed) Spoon blender mixture into a bowl, stirring in granola, 1/2 cup dried fruit, and 1/2 cup raisins.
- 15Press into a greased and floured glass baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 17Cut into desired number of bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g