Recipe by DeeCooks
This is from a Whole Foods newsletter. It's basically quiche-like, but healthier from the quinoa crust and is insanely adaptable with different veggies and cheeses. The ease and health is what I like best.
- 118.29 ml uncooked quinoa
- 8 eggs
- 295.73 ml milk
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic
- 4.92 ml chopped thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml packed Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 236.59 ml finely shredded romano cheese or 236.59 ml parmesan cheese
- cooking spray or butter or margarine, to grease pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray or use butter/margarine. Be generous.
- Put quinoa into a fine strainer and rinse and drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and quinoa. Stir in spinach, then pour into prepared dish.
- Cover tightly with foil thenshake dish gently so quinoa settles on the bottom in a fairly even layer. (Don't stress about it, though.)
- Bake until just set, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle top evenly with cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Set aside to let cool briefly, then slice and serve.