1/1 Photo of Quinoa Egg Bake
1 hr 10 mins
This is from a Whole Foods newsletter. It's basically quiche-like, but healthier from the quinoa crust and is insanely adaptable with different veggies and cheeses. The ease and health is what I like best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray or use butter/margarine. Be generous.
- 2Put quinoa into a fine strainer and rinse and drain well.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and quinoa. Stir in spinach, then pour into prepared dish.
- 4Cover tightly with foil thenshake dish gently so quinoa settles on the bottom in a fairly even layer. (Don't stress about it, though.)
- 5Bake until just set, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle top evenly with cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 6Set aside to let cool briefly, then slice and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Egg Bake
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 492.6 mg
- Sodium 1165.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.4 g