Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like oatmeal or oatbran in the morning but a little bit lighter and more flavorful!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- Boil juice and water.
- Rinse quinoa. Saute on Med. heat until they pop.
- Add quinoa dn fruit to boiling liquid. SImmer 12-15 minutes.
- Add cous cous Remove from heat cover with lid and let sit for 5-7 minutes.
This was the first way I heard of making quinoa. I didn't use couscous though, only quinoa. It's WONDERFUL!
The boys ate tons of this cereal. They loved it! A+++