Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Eden Foods. OAMC?
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups water or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, washed and drained
- 3 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, do not drain
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil. Sauté the garlic and cumin for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the carrot, quinoa, corn, cayenne and sea salt. Cover and return to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the parsley and enough lime juice to make the flavors pop.
I love this soup! When I made it the first time I only had beef broth, but it tasted great! I also double the garlic and add more carrot. It freezes well and I usually add about 1/2-3/4 cup broth when I reheat it.
This is a great soup! Lots of fiber and protein. I've also tried it with chickpeas and cilantro instead of beans and parsley and it's delicious either way! Very easy to make and satisfying.
Great! The quinoa gave this a deep nutty flavor, and the spices were detectable without being overpowering. Will definitely make this again!