- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups water or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, washed and drained
- 3 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, do not drain
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil. Sauté the garlic and cumin for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the carrot, quinoa, corn, cayenne and sea salt. Cover and return to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the parsley and enough lime juice to make the flavors pop.