From Eden Foods. OAMC?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups water or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, washed and drained
- 3 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, do not drain
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1In a large soup pot, heat the oil. Sauté the garlic and cumin for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 2Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the carrot, quinoa, corn, cayenne and sea salt. Cover and return to a boil.
- 3Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Just before serving, stir in the parsley and enough lime juice to make the flavors pop.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 316.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g