Recipe by JeriBinNC
I love the flavor of corn and basil together.
Top Review by MollyJ
This is a darn good quinoa recipe and I think that fresh basil is essential. I made this in the summer with fresh field corn and made it for the day after and before Thanksgiving with frozen corn and it was very well received. The corn and the basil make great contrasting flavors. Goes with a lot of things and makes a special treat in the lunch box if their are left overs.
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 cups fresh corn (frozen is okay)
- 1 cup fresh basil, tightly packed, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and simmer for about 11 minutes.
- Add corn and cook another 1 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa and corn to a bowl. Stir to fluff and set aside to cool.
- Stir in basil, red peppers, onions, and olive oil. Add salt if needed. Stir in lemon juice to taste.