Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a vegan recipe that everyone can enjoy. From from the food log, Harriet's Tomato
- 236.59 ml chickpea flour
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml tamari soy sauce
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 44.37 ml red onions, grated
- 236.59 ml red quinoa, cooked
- 59.14 ml olive oil, for cooking
- Whisk together chickpea flour, water, tamari soy sauce, cayenne, cumin, and onion.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan and add pancakes in 1/4 cup measures. Cook until dark golden brown, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes each side. Add more oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
These were delicious! I did omit the oil for cooking and they still came out great. The quinoa gives it a nice crunch and the cumin gives it a smoky "Indian" kind of feel. I am definitely going to serve these with some coconut curry vegetables. Thanks for posting!