Recipe by CoffeeMom
This is a vegan recipe that everyone can enjoy. From from the food log, Harriet's Tomato
Top Review by LilWubs
These were delicious! I did omit the oil for cooking and they still came out great. The quinoa gives it a nice crunch and the cumin gives it a smoky "Indian" kind of feel. I am definitely going to serve these with some coconut curry vegetables. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons red onions, grated
- 1 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, for cooking
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together chickpea flour, water, tamari soy sauce, cayenne, cumin, and onion.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan and add pancakes in 1/4 cup measures. Cook until dark golden brown, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes each side. Add more oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.