Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicately flavoured dish using the unique quinoa grain. Try using half red quinoa and half white.
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- Combine quinoa, chicken broth, and pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, caramelize the onion in a small pan with the oil and sugar.
- Stir caramelized onion and lemon juice into cooked quinoa, and let sit on low heat, stirring occasionaly, for about 10 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Lay the quinoa on a serving plate.
- Slice the chicken and lay overtop the quinoa.
- Sprinkle currants overtop.