1/1 Photo of Quinoa Chicken Salad With Currants
A delicately flavoured dish using the unique quinoa grain. Try using half red quinoa and half white.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine quinoa, chicken broth, and pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- 3Meanwhile, caramelize the onion in a small pan with the oil and sugar.
- 4Stir caramelized onion and lemon juice into cooked quinoa, and let sit on low heat, stirring occasionaly, for about 10 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- 5Lay the quinoa on a serving plate.
- 6Slice the chicken and lay overtop the quinoa.
- 7Sprinkle currants overtop.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Chicken Salad With Currants
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 342.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 35.4 g