Recipe by mandikaake
This is the first time I've used quinoa. If you know me, I find recipes that look good and kind of mesh them. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. I'm also thinking I'll put in a bit of dried basil next time when I put the broth in.
- 2 shallots, bulbs minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 -5 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, if desired
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan and add in shallots, onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook about another 5 minutes on medium/low heat.
- Prepare peas by rinsing them in hot water.
- Prepare quinoa by rinsing and draining.
- Add stock, peas, quinoa and chicken to the pan and stir. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and cover to simmer about 15 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
- Top with parmesan cheese and salt individual plates to taste.