This is the first time I've used quinoa. If you know me, I find recipes that look good and kind of mesh them. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. I'm also thinking I'll put in a bit of dried basil next time when I put the broth in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in pan and add in shallots, onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add in garlic and cook about another 5 minutes on medium/low heat.
- 3Prepare peas by rinsing them in hot water.
- 4Prepare quinoa by rinsing and draining.
- 5Add stock, peas, quinoa and chicken to the pan and stir. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and cover to simmer about 15 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
- 6Top with parmesan cheese and salt individual plates to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Chicken Delight
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 549.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 28.4 g