Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Shape magazine, this can be spooned over lemon- and olive-oil-dressed arugala
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, each halved
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly.
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Stir in cherry tomato halves, mozzarella and basil.
- Combine lemon juice and oil; stir to blend. Pour over quinoa mix and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
We loved this! I've been looking for more ways to incorporate quinoa into my diet and this will be a frequent repeat. I didn't have garlic oil, so I just added 1/4 tsp garlic powder to some olive oil and that worked well. Thanks for posting!
Very easy to make and suprisingly tasty. Loved all the fresh ingredients and especially the quinoa. A wonderfully healthy meal that also tastes great. I have made this many times and my wife and I will continue to make it in the future.
Loved it! This would be great for a lunch or a super unique dish to share at a potluck event. Unfortunately, my husband didn't like it at all, served as a dinner entree. I used red (heirloom) quinoa.