Recipe by Lissa_L
From Shape magazine, this can be spooned over lemon- and olive-oil-dressed arugala
Top Review by noway
We loved this! I've been looking for more ways to incorporate quinoa into my diet and this will be a frequent repeat. I didn't have garlic oil, so I just added 1/4 tsp garlic powder to some olive oil and that worked well. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, each halved
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly.
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Stir in cherry tomato halves, mozzarella and basil.
- Combine lemon juice and oil; stir to blend. Pour over quinoa mix and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.